- Link: WWW.ImpliedHarmony.Website/musical-notation/
- Description: Definition and purpose of musical notation, staff and its barlines, different pitches on the staff and their frequency, modifying accidental symbols, types of clef symbols, the meaning of key signatures, designation of notes value, simple and compound time signatures, tempo meanings, calculation of the exact duration of musical notes and measures.
- Anchor: #purpose #staff-and-barline #frequency #clef #key-signature #duration #time-signature #tempo #ornament
- Keyword: staff, clef, accidental, key, value, time, tempo, duration
Notes and intervals
- Link: WWW.ImpliedHarmony.Website/notes-intervals/
- Description: The evolution from random sound waves to musical pitch with specific frequency characteristics, musical note definition, note frequency chart, simple and compound musical interval as a relation between two pitches, different interval types of harmonic and melodic intervals (perfect, major, minor, diminished, augmented), consonant and dissonant intervals.
- Keyword: sound, frequency, note, interval, consonance, dissonance
- Link: WWW.ImpliedHarmony.Website/musical-scales/
- Description: Musical scale definition, different scale degrees, Gregorian modes (Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian), major and minor scales (natural, harmonic, melodic), ascending and descending chromatic scale, explanation of scale construction via the circle of fifths and its full version.
- Anchor: #definition #major #minor #chromatic
- Keyword: scale, major, minor, harmonic, melodic, chromatic
- Link: WWW.ImpliedHarmony.Website/musical-chords/
- Description: Musical chord definition, different chord tones, all types of triads (major, minor, diminished, augmented), seventh chords (dominant seventh, minor seventh, half-diminished seventh, diminished seventh), the purpose of Roman numerals, different chord inversions.
- Anchor: #definition #triad #seventh #roman-numerals
- Keyword: chord, triad, diminished, augmented, seventh, inversion
- Link: WWW.ImpliedHarmony.Website/four-part-writing/
- Description: Four-part harmony writing, different voices in four-part musical texture (bass, tenor, alto, soprano), counterpoint and all types of contrapuntal motion (similar, parallel, contrary, oblique), chord structure in four-part texture, close and open position, chords connection rules, the best common practices.
- Anchor: #purpose #motion #structure #connection #common-practice
- Keyword: harmony, counterpoint, motion, texture
- Link: WWW.ImpliedHarmony.Website/harmonic-cadences/
- Description: Definition and purpose of harmonic cadences and chord progressions which they consist of, main harmonic functions (tonic, subdominant, dominant), different types of cadences, (perfect or imperfect authentic cadence, authentic or plagal half cadence, perfect or imperfect plagal cadence, deceptive cadence).
- Anchor: #definition #authentic #plagal #half #deceptive
- Keyword: cadence, authentic, plagal, half, deceptive
- Link: WWW.ImpliedHarmony.Website/musical-sequence/
- Description: Musical sequence definition, purpose, characteristics (direction, transposition, modification), different forms of sequence (rhythmic, melodic, harmonic), building the sequence with triads and dissonant chords, relations, and resolution of all chords of the scale.
- Keyword: sequence, transposition
- Link: WWW.ImpliedHarmony.Website/musical-modulation/
- Description: Definition and purpose of modulation, three types of modulation (diatonic, chromatic, enharmonic), modulation quality (real, passing), building modulation plans, musical scales relations, relative and closely related keys, use of pivot chords, key signature change.
- Anchor: #definition #related-to-major #related-to-minor #relative-keys #melodic-minor
- Keyword: modulation, related, relative